|Published:||Oct 23, 2010 8:38 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 23, 2010 5:38 PM EDT|
MELBOURNE, Fla. (AP) - Residents in Brevard County are being alerted to take extra precautions against mosquitoes after a woman was hospitalized with the West Nile virus.
The Brevard County Health Department says the 48-year-old woman has been placed in intensive care with high fever, severe headaches and disorientation.
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- Union vote set for some Lee Co. government workers
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man
- Salvation Army of Fla. assists Oklahoma tornado victims
- Island Park brush fire remains mostly contained
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire
- Coast Guard repatriates 7 Cuban migrants