|Published:||Oct 23, 2010 8:38 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 23, 2010 5:38 PM EDT|
MELBOURNE, Fla. (AP) - Residents in Brevard County are being alerted to take extra precautions against mosquitoes after a woman was hospitalized with the West Nile virus.
The Brevard County Health Department says the 48-year-old woman has been placed in intensive care with high fever, severe headaches and disorientation.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore