|Published:||Oct 23, 2010 1:00 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 22, 2010 10:00 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- When thousands show up for a two weekend event that has barrels of beer, potato pancakes and traditional German garb- it has to be Oktoberfest.
Droves of people are already pouring in for Cape Coral's 25th annual Oktoberfest.
A $6 ticket will get you through the gate, and into the old country. An authentic German band will perform live music for folks to polka the night away. WINK News did a little research, and here's what you need to know: come hungry! There's quite a spread of German favorites, including bratwurst, German potato salad, and of course, plenty of beer.
We talked to some Deutschland die-hards on why they can't get enough of the big event.
"A lot of food, fun, and beer! We notice people from all over, all different states and we really thoroughly enjoy it. Very authentic, we love it!" Mike and Marie Zeffiro said Friday.
Oktoberfest will continue its run for the next two weekends. For more information, visit the German American Social Club of Cape Coral's website at:
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend