|Published:||Oct 22, 2010 10:28 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 22, 2010 7:28 PM EDT|
WACHULA, Fla. - Johnny Georges grew up on farms. Now he's trying to make a difference on them. How? With his water-saving invention: the Tree T-Pee.
Johnny's father gave him the inspiration years ago while attempting to make a product to protect trees from frost.
The Tree T-Pee surrounds the trunk, concentrating irrigation, eliminating over-spray.
If the product were used by all tree growers statewide Johnny says he believes his product has the potential to save trillions of gallons of water a year by cutting down watering cycles - a financial savings for the farmers and an environmental savings for the planet.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Police arrest man who crashed his car into Cape canal
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- CCSO investigates Waffle House armed robbery
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht