|Published:||Oct 22, 2010 10:28 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 22, 2010 7:28 PM EDT|
WACHULA, Fla. - Johnny Georges grew up on farms. Now he's trying to make a difference on them. How? With his water-saving invention: the Tree T-Pee.
Johnny's father gave him the inspiration years ago while attempting to make a product to protect trees from frost.
The Tree T-Pee surrounds the trunk, concentrating irrigation, eliminating over-spray.
If the product were used by all tree growers statewide Johnny says he believes his product has the potential to save trillions of gallons of water a year by cutting down watering cycles - a financial savings for the farmers and an environmental savings for the planet.
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser
- 3 Miami-Dade officers shot, 2 suspects killed
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present