|Published:||Oct 22, 2010 3:35 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 22, 2010 12:35 PM EDT|
SOUTH BRUNSWICK, N.J. (AP) - The Florida pastor who canceled plans to burn a Quran is coming to New Jersey to pick up a new car.
Car dealer Brad Benson made the offer to Terry Jones in one of his quirky radio commercials. A representative for Jones called to collect the 2011 Hyundai Accent.
Security will be tight Friday at Brad Benson Mitsubishi Hyundai in South Brunswick.
Jones says the offer of a car was not the reason he didn't burn the Quran. The Gainesville, Fla., pastor says he plans to donate the car to an organization that helps abused women.
Benson asked radio listeners for advice and more than 3,500 responded. He says a majority of callers told him to honor his promise to the preacher.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students