|Published:||Oct 21, 2010 11:31 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 21, 2010 8:31 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - A British tourist visiting Fort Myers Beach in hopes of buying property there is ready to go home after just one day. Deputies say he was beaten and robbed on the beach.
Ian Mitchell was allegedly beaten and robbed Wednesday night near the Lani Kai by three unidentified suspects. Deputies say 750 dollars was taken from his shirt pocket. Mitchell says he didn't want to leave it in the hotel room because he thought it wouldn't be safe.
Ian Mitchell says, "I was going to buy somewhere where I knew it would be nice and warm, throughout the whole year and my family and friends could use the property."
Now Mitchell says he'll be looking somewhere else to purchase a house.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp Festival returns
- Ex-inmate sues DeSoto Sheriff's Office for millions
- 6-foot-long pet snake has surgery after eating a towel