|Published:||Oct 21, 2010 4:14 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 21, 2010 1:14 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Police have arrested 14 men they say are associated with rival Miami gangs and sold weapons to undercover police.
Authorities also confiscated 31 guns during the months-long investigation into the gangs, 13 Avenue Hot Boyz and the 12 Court Cowboys. Miami Police said Wednesday the arrests prevented three shootings. The weapons included a TEC-9, sawed-off shot guns, an assault rifle and handguns. Several were stolen.
Eighteen-year old Timothy Smith allegedly sold 17 guns to undercover officers.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral