|Published:||Oct 21, 2010 4:14 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 21, 2010 1:14 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Police have arrested 14 men they say are associated with rival Miami gangs and sold weapons to undercover police.
Authorities also confiscated 31 guns during the months-long investigation into the gangs, 13 Avenue Hot Boyz and the 12 Court Cowboys. Miami Police said Wednesday the arrests prevented three shootings. The weapons included a TEC-9, sawed-off shot guns, an assault rifle and handguns. Several were stolen.
Eighteen-year old Timothy Smith allegedly sold 17 guns to undercover officers.
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years
- Real life grinch steals Christmas stockings
- Beach renourishment winds down in Naples