|Published:||Oct 21, 2010 4:12 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 21, 2010 1:12 PM EDT|
HOLLYWOOD, Fla. (AP) - A South Florida man was arrested after he reportedly attacked a speaker with a pen at a Hollywood city meeting.
The person who was attacked suffered a puncture wound but was not taken to a hospital. The South Florida Sun Sentinel and Miami Herald reported Wednesday that 54-year-old Monte Frankel was arrested and charged with aggravated battery.
Police say the victim was speaking to the city's Unsafe Structures Board Tuesday night at Hollywood City Hall about a home that he said should be declared an unsafe structure. The police report says Frankel shouted "Don't talk about my mother" and then punched the back of the victim's head and stabbed a pen at his shoulder.
The police report says officers found Frankel lying on the floor muttering unintelligibly.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone