|Published:||Oct 21, 2010 3:28 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 21, 2010 12:28 PM EDT|
PALM BAY, Fla. (AP) - A Palm Bay man has been sentenced to one year probation for hitting a Walmart greeter last year.
Skyler Lowery pleaded no contest this week to battery.
Authorities say Lowery was leaving the store after making a purchase in December 2009 when an alarm went off. A 69-year-old employee followed the 24-year-old outside, wrote down the license plate number on Lowery's car and went back inside the store. Security video shows Lowery going back to the store, trying to take the greeter's clipboard and punching him in the head.
Lowery later claimed the attack was self-defense and that the greeter had used offensive language to him.
The Walmart greeter was fired several days after the confrontation.
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Winter weather delays flights in and out of RSW
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- Beach renourishment winding down in Naples