|Published:||Oct 21, 2010 3:30 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 21, 2010 12:30 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Two Hillsborough County detention deputies were injured while struggling with an inmate who reportedly tried to escape.
Sheriff David Gee says that 28-year-old Jackie Allen Randall Jr. was being rolled out of Bloomingdale Radiology in a wheelchair Tuesday afternoon when he jumped up - his hands and feet chained - and started to run away.
Deputies quickly caught up with the inmate, who reportedly pulled a gun from one of the deputies holsters during the struggle. A deputy hit Randall in the head with a baton. He was taken to a Tampa hospital, where he was in stable condition.
The deputies were taken to a Bradenton hospital. Their injuries were reported as minor.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral