|Published:||Oct 21, 2010 4:06 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 21, 2010 1:06 PM EDT|
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - A scuba diver reportedly died after being pulled from the water off the coast of Fort Lauderdale.
Police and the Coast Guard responded to a struggling diver Wednesday afternoon and attempted to revive him. He was pronounced dead a short time later at a Fort Lauderdale hospital.
Early reports indicated that the death was caused by an accident on the water, but the exact circumstances were not immediately released.
Authorities have not identified the diver.
- Father buries son, exhumes casket to find it a mess
- Soldier surprises his children in time for Christmas
- FMPD makes arrest in Fifth Third Bank robbery
- Head-on collision blocks part of Vanderbilt Beach Rd.
- Florida Everblades deliver bears to children's hospital
- Lack of qualified labor for Cape Coral construction jobs
- Missing baby may be in the company of Lakeland woman
- Judge says the lights must go on in one Collier neighborhood
- Safe havens for children double in Southwest Florida
- Fla. homeowner's group bans playing in street