|Published:||Oct 21, 2010 4:06 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 21, 2010 1:06 PM EDT|
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - A scuba diver reportedly died after being pulled from the water off the coast of Fort Lauderdale.
Police and the Coast Guard responded to a struggling diver Wednesday afternoon and attempted to revive him. He was pronounced dead a short time later at a Fort Lauderdale hospital.
Early reports indicated that the death was caused by an accident on the water, but the exact circumstances were not immediately released.
Authorities have not identified the diver.
- Early morning crash on US 41 kills pedestrian
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- Interactive play to teach dangers of drug use
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School today
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Stolen puppy returned to Pensacola pet store
- FMB holds election for Town Council members
- New anti-fraud group forms in Collier County