|Published:||Oct 21, 2010 3:57 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 21, 2010 12:57 PM EDT|
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Race fans, turn off your engines.
The Daytona 500 Experience in Florida is closing its doors next month because of the sluggish economy.
Daytona International Speedway officials said Wednesday that the Daytona Beach tourist attraction is closing as part of International Speedway Corp.'s efforts to cut expenses at every level. The company operates 13 major auto racing facilities in North America.
The stand-alone attraction is located outside of the Daytona International Speedway's Turn 4 area. It opened in July 1996 as Daytona USA. The name was changed three years ago to better leverage the Daytona 500 brand.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend