|Published:||Oct 21, 2010 3:57 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 21, 2010 12:57 PM EDT|
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Race fans, turn off your engines.
The Daytona 500 Experience in Florida is closing its doors next month because of the sluggish economy.
Daytona International Speedway officials said Wednesday that the Daytona Beach tourist attraction is closing as part of International Speedway Corp.'s efforts to cut expenses at every level. The company operates 13 major auto racing facilities in North America.
The stand-alone attraction is located outside of the Daytona International Speedway's Turn 4 area. It opened in July 1996 as Daytona USA. The name was changed three years ago to better leverage the Daytona 500 brand.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- No charges in Jameis Winston sex assault case
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Officials: At least 20 whales in deeper water
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti