|Published:||Oct 21, 2010 5:13 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 20, 2010 12:43 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - The Lee County Sheriff's Office is investigating a suspicious death after a body was found on the side of a rural road.
Authorities received a call at 2:22 am Wednesday from a passerby claiming to have seen a body on the side of Luckett Road between Staley and Greenbriar Roads in the Buckingham area.
The call was confirmed when deputies arrived at the scene.
The victim's identity has not been revealed. It is not known if the body is that of a man or a woman.
The medical examiner will perform an autopsy to determine the cause of death.
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- 2 Collier beach access points reopen after replacing sand
- 'Dunk City' could host 2014 gubernatorial debate