|Published:||Oct 21, 2010 7:06 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 21, 2010 4:06 PM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Loranne Ausley is angry that her opponent for chief financial officer refuses to debate her.
A former Democratic state representative, Ausley on Thursday called Senate President Jeff Atwater of North Palm Beach "a coward" who has reneged on earlier commitments to debate. Ausley said it's unconscionable voters won't be able to evaluate the candidates for the statewide office that oversees the state's treasury, insurance department, fire marshal's office and department of banking and finance.
Ausley said she wants Atwater to "man up" and join her for a debate next Wednesday in Miami.
The Atwater campaign, which has earlier cited scheduling conflicts, did not immediately respond to Ausley's latest and most assertive challenge.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend
- Boil water notice in effect after Cape water main break