|Published:||Oct 21, 2010 7:06 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 21, 2010 4:06 PM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Loranne Ausley is angry that her opponent for chief financial officer refuses to debate her.
A former Democratic state representative, Ausley on Thursday called Senate President Jeff Atwater of North Palm Beach "a coward" who has reneged on earlier commitments to debate. Ausley said it's unconscionable voters won't be able to evaluate the candidates for the statewide office that oversees the state's treasury, insurance department, fire marshal's office and department of banking and finance.
Ausley said she wants Atwater to "man up" and join her for a debate next Wednesday in Miami.
The Atwater campaign, which has earlier cited scheduling conflicts, did not immediately respond to Ausley's latest and most assertive challenge.
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- Firefighters rescue driver from atop his submerged vehicle
- Despite loss, FGCU fans make the best of game day
- LCSO searches for hit & run suspect, bicyclist hospitalized
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed