|Published:||Oct 21, 2010 7:06 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 21, 2010 4:06 PM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Loranne Ausley is angry that her opponent for chief financial officer refuses to debate her.
A former Democratic state representative, Ausley on Thursday called Senate President Jeff Atwater of North Palm Beach "a coward" who has reneged on earlier commitments to debate. Ausley said it's unconscionable voters won't be able to evaluate the candidates for the statewide office that oversees the state's treasury, insurance department, fire marshal's office and department of banking and finance.
Ausley said she wants Atwater to "man up" and join her for a debate next Wednesday in Miami.
The Atwater campaign, which has earlier cited scheduling conflicts, did not immediately respond to Ausley's latest and most assertive challenge.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral