|Published:||Oct 20, 2010 12:01 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 19, 2010 8:58 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - Kathleen Passidomo has been given the Glass Slipper award by the The Education Foundation of Collier County for her outstanding dedication and service for the betterment of Collier County children.
This award is in conjunction with the annual If the Shoe Fits fundraising event presented by Naples Illustrated, and benefiting Take Stock in Children – the mentoring and scholarship program of The Education Foundation of Collier County.
“I became involved with the Education Foundation because I subscribe to one of the core values articulated in the Connect Now Community Statement that every child in our community is entitled to education that unlocks his or her full potential,” explains Passidomo. “I also believe that giving children the tools necessary to be successful, productive members of our community and educating our children to be competitive in this global economy is essential to the future strength, stability and sustainability of our country.”
A resident of Collier County for over 30 years, Passidomo has been extensively involved in the community, especially where the advancement and well-being of children are concerned. Some of Kathleen’s passion and commitment have included organizations such as:
- Boys & Girls Club
- Collier County Child Advocacy Council, Inc.
- Junior Achievement
- Shelter for Abused Women & Children
- United Way
- The Education Foundation (Connect Now Initiative)
Past recipients of the Glass Slipper Award are Emily K. Bua, Rachel Gutman, Debbi Wallace, Linda Morton, Mary Lynn Hill, Monica Baker and Ally Loos.
On December 1, Kathleen will be recognized again at the 8th Annual If the Shoe Fits fundraising event, hosted by Saks Fifth Avenue in the Waterside Shops.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- Lehigh Middle student allegedly brings knife to school