|Published:||Oct 20, 2010 6:37 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 20, 2010 3:37 PM EDT|
DEFUNIAK SPRINGS, Fla. (AP) - A 55-year-old Alabama woman has been injured after she fell out of a motor home traveling on a Florida interstate while trying to use the bathroom.
The Florida Highway Patrol says Sharon Glover had been drinking when she fell out of the moving motor home near Pensacola on Tuesday. She walked to the rear of the vehicle to use the restroom, fell and slid 100 feet on the pavement before landing in the grass.
She was taken to the hospital with serious injuries.
Authorities said it's unclear if she opened the wrong door or leaned on the door.
The driver, Bonnie Rickett, noticed Glover had fallen out of the motor home and pulled over about a quarter mile from where Glover fell.
No charges are pending.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- 3 people killed in Florida Panhandle boat crash
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday