|Published:||Oct 19, 2010 3:39 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 19, 2010 12:39 PM EDT|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - A 6-year-old has been reunited with family after police say a suspect stole a car from a southwest Florida parking lot while the child was inside.
St. Petersburg Police say the mother left her child in the car Tuesday morning with the keys in the ignition while she ran into a convenience store. The suspect, who was not identified, stole the car and drove off with the child.
Police say the vehicle was recovered about nine minutes later in an alley. The child was not harmed.
Authorities are still searching for the suspect.
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Garrod Drywall burglary suspect blacks out cameras