|Published:||Oct 19, 2010 5:03 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 19, 2010 2:00 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - The deceased has been identified as Bartolo Martin (d.o.b. 10/28/84).
The circumstances surrounding his death are still under investigation.
On Thursday, October 14, 2010 at 1:05 p.m. the Fort Myers Police Department responded to 2825 Palm Beach Boulevard in reference to a body floating face down in the water next door to the Altamar condominiums. The male was pulled from the water and transported to Lee Memorial Hospital where he was officially pronounced dead. The male has not been positively identified. He appears to be Hispanic between the ages of 18-30. Detectives are currently working with the Medical Examiner’s Office to determine his identity and cause of death. Anyone with information is asked to call FMPD at 321-7700, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD. Tipsters can remain anonymous. Updates will be issued via email.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft