|Published:||Oct 19, 2010 3:25 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 19, 2010 12:25 PM EDT|
PANAMA CITY BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A Louisiana man reportedly threw his roommate's cat off a sixth-floor balcony in Panama City Beach, killing the animal.
The roommate reportedly called police Sunday night, saying 26-year-old Bobby Dewayne Johnson, of Baton Rouge, had been chasing and throwing the cat around the condo following a fight at Grand Panama Beach Resort. When the roommate tried to intervene, he told police Johnson hit him and then continued to chase the cat.
As the roommate spoke with officers in the parking lot, police say the tabby came flying off the balcony, landing near the group. Police immediately went up to the room and arrested Johnson, charging him with felony animal cruelty and misdemeanor battery.
The Bay County jail would not release bond information about Johnson.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend