|Published:||Oct 19, 2010 3:35 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 19, 2010 12:35 PM EDT|
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - A kayaker who suffered a medical crisis at sea has died in South Florida.
Authorities said the victim, who has not been identified, and a friend were kayaking near Fort Lauderdale Monday when the man turned around and saw his friend's overturned kayak. Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue officials said the man may have had a heart attack.
The friend placed a floating jacket on the victim and paddled back to shore in a nearly hourlong rescue.
The victim died at the hospital later Monday.
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey