|Published:||Oct 19, 2010 3:36 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 19, 2010 12:36 PM EDT|
COLUMBIA CITY, Ind. (AP) - Authorities in northern Indiana say a Florida man died after being pinned beneath a riding lawnmower in a pond at his son's home.
Whitley County deputy coroner C. Taron Smith says 72-year-old Leroy Thomas of Avon Park, Fla., had been cutting grass when the riding mower apparently tipped over into the pond, trapping him underneath.
Smith tells The Journal Gazette that Thomas was underwater for about an hour Monday before his wife noticed he had not come in for lunch on time. Thomas was pronounced dead at the scene near Columbia City, and his death was ruled an accidental drowning.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- FWC reports 20th panther mortality for 2013
- Naples shelter combats domestic violence one gift at a time