|Published:||Oct 19, 2010 3:36 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 19, 2010 12:36 PM EDT|
COLUMBIA CITY, Ind. (AP) - Authorities in northern Indiana say a Florida man died after being pinned beneath a riding lawnmower in a pond at his son's home.
Whitley County deputy coroner C. Taron Smith says 72-year-old Leroy Thomas of Avon Park, Fla., had been cutting grass when the riding mower apparently tipped over into the pond, trapping him underneath.
Smith tells The Journal Gazette that Thomas was underwater for about an hour Monday before his wife noticed he had not come in for lunch on time. Thomas was pronounced dead at the scene near Columbia City, and his death was ruled an accidental drowning.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp Festival returns
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017