|Published:||Oct 19, 2010 5:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 19, 2010 2:10 PM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Incoming House Speaker Dean Canon has demanded information from state agencies on work they've begin to implement President Barack Obama's federal health care overhaul.
In a letter Tuesday to Gov. Charlie Crist, Cabinet members and state agencies., the Winter Park Republican wrote that the GOP-controlled Legislature must take a more proactive role in that task due to a "lack of state executive leadership."
That comment was an apparent dig at Crist and the three Cabinet members who together oversee the Office of Insurance Regulation.
Crist is a former Republican now running for the U.S. Senate as an independent, and the Cabinet includes Democratic Chief Financial Officer Alex Sink, now running for governor.
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- FMPD arrests 32 suspected drug dealers
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776
- USPS to deliver mail in SWFL on certain Sundays
- Naples based St. Matthew's House expanding to Labelle
- Corrections officer accused of stealing inmate IDs
- Landlord accused in lead paint case