|Published:||Oct 19, 2010 3:42 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 19, 2010 12:42 PM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - A Bradenton couple says they didn't even know how much the jackpot was worth when they realized they matched five numbers plus the Powerball to claim $61.5 million.
Steve and Cheri Ziegler thought the jackpot was worth about $20 million, until a family member corrected them a few hours later. Lottery officials said Tuesday the couple will take a one-time, lump-sum payment of $34,553,793.03. The couple bought the ticket at a gas station in Bradenton.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday