|Published:||Oct 19, 2010 11:33 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 19, 2010 12:11 AM EDT|
BONITA SPRINGS, Fla. - Walk up to the Cinema Cafe in Bonita Springs and you'll see signs telling customers it's closed for equipment maintenance. It says it will open back up Wednesday. But manager Joe Lopez isn't so sure.
"We've heard the place is going out of business and plans to file bankruptcy,"said Lopez.
Lopez says the trouble started nearly a month ago when employees told him their checks bounced. He says every pay period since then has been late, and now he wonders if he'll ever see another.
He asked his bosses what gives, but says he keeps getting the runaround. He can't pay his bills.
"It's frustrating in this economy knowing there aren't a lot of jobs in the area. Not only are we not getting paid, we have to search for new jobs," said Lopez.
WINK got in contact with the district manager of the movie theatre company and he would not answer our questions.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean