|Published:||Oct 19, 2010 11:33 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 19, 2010 12:11 AM EDT|
BONITA SPRINGS, Fla. - Walk up to the Cinema Cafe in Bonita Springs and you'll see signs telling customers it's closed for equipment maintenance. It says it will open back up Wednesday. But manager Joe Lopez isn't so sure.
"We've heard the place is going out of business and plans to file bankruptcy,"said Lopez.
Lopez says the trouble started nearly a month ago when employees told him their checks bounced. He says every pay period since then has been late, and now he wonders if he'll ever see another.
He asked his bosses what gives, but says he keeps getting the runaround. He can't pay his bills.
"It's frustrating in this economy knowing there aren't a lot of jobs in the area. Not only are we not getting paid, we have to search for new jobs," said Lopez.
WINK got in contact with the district manager of the movie theatre company and he would not answer our questions.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating
- Men take homeowner's truck at gunpoint, abandon it nearby
- Salvation Army of Collier short on donations and volunteers
- Residents are still homeless after a devastating Sept. fire