|Published:||Oct 18, 2010 7:36 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 18, 2010 4:36 PM EDT|
GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) - The University of Florida will get a new professorship thanks to an endowment by a UF trustee and his wife.
The university said on Monday that Dr. Steven and Rebecca Scott are donating $2 million to endow a professorship in the chemistry department.
The position will work to advance chemistry research to support the health care industry.
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- FMPD arrests 32 suspected drug dealers
- LCSO searched for missing 29 y/o Bonita man
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- Deputies shoot bank robbery suspect who claimed to have bomb
- Hertz plans to open temporary headquarters in Bonita Springs
- Fla. Attorney General temporarily stops Service Star
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776