|Published:||Oct 18, 2010 3:41 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 18, 2010 12:41 PM EDT|
SATELLITE BEACH, Fla. (AP) - The Coast Guard has suspended its search of the waters off Florida's Space Coast for a 49-year-old dentist who hasn't been seen since leaving on a fishing trip.
Michael Alexander's empty kayak was found Thursday about 20 miles northeast of Satellite Beach. It was brought to shore by crime scene investigators for processing. Investigators also found his blue pickup truck at a Satellite Beach park.
State and federal rescuers had been searching for Alexander by sea and land, but the Coast Guard called off its search Saturday evening.
Authorities say the Cape Canaveral man left a note for his girlfriend on Wednesday morning saying he was going fishing.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis