|Published:||Oct 18, 2010 3:41 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 18, 2010 12:41 PM EDT|
SATELLITE BEACH, Fla. (AP) - The Coast Guard has suspended its search of the waters off Florida's Space Coast for a 49-year-old dentist who hasn't been seen since leaving on a fishing trip.
Michael Alexander's empty kayak was found Thursday about 20 miles northeast of Satellite Beach. It was brought to shore by crime scene investigators for processing. Investigators also found his blue pickup truck at a Satellite Beach park.
State and federal rescuers had been searching for Alexander by sea and land, but the Coast Guard called off its search Saturday evening.
Authorities say the Cape Canaveral man left a note for his girlfriend on Wednesday morning saying he was going fishing.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- Men allegedly point guns at FMPD officers