|Published:||Oct 18, 2010 3:52 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 18, 2010 12:52 PM EDT|
LAWTEY, Fla. (AP) - A man pushing a bicycle was struck and killed by a train in north Florida.
According to Florida Highway Patrol, 19-year-old Jarvis Antoine Brown of Lawtey was struck by a train while crossing the tracks at a Bradford County intersection.
Authorities say Brown waited for a northbound train to pass before crossing, but he failed to see a second train coming in the opposite direction.
Brown died at a hospital in Starke.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral