|Published:||Oct 18, 2010 3:52 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 18, 2010 12:52 PM EDT|
LAWTEY, Fla. (AP) - A man pushing a bicycle was struck and killed by a train in north Florida.
According to Florida Highway Patrol, 19-year-old Jarvis Antoine Brown of Lawtey was struck by a train while crossing the tracks at a Bradford County intersection.
Authorities say Brown waited for a northbound train to pass before crossing, but he failed to see a second train coming in the opposite direction.
Brown died at a hospital in Starke.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Bill would make drug testing for candidates manditory