|Published:||Oct 18, 2010 7:35 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 18, 2010 4:35 PM EDT|
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) - Authorities say a Florida woman suspected in a 25-year-old slaying in Pennsylvania was involved in an earlier homicide.
Police arrested 55-year-old Lucinda Andrews earlier this month at her home in Jacksonville, Fla. and charged her in the fatal shooting of 51-year-old Allentown resident John Mayerchak in 1985.
A grand jury charged Andrews earlier this year after authorities say DNA evidence and a friend's statement linked her to the killing.
The Morning Call of Allentown reported Monday that Andrews killed a bartender in 1971. According to the paper, Andrews was sentenced to up to six years in prison for voluntary manslaughter after she was found delinquent in juvenile court.
Andrews is in custody in Florida awaiting extradition to Pennsylvania.
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New Bridge has Glitch that Keeps a Section Up for 30 Mins.