|Published:||Oct 18, 2010 3:34 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 18, 2010 12:34 PM EDT|
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - The death of a pregnant woman marks the first motorcycle fatality of Biketoberfest - the annual motorcycle festival in Daytona Beach.
Police say 22-year-old Grace Scullion was a passenger on a motorcycle that was hit by another car on Friday night. Two other bikers were seriously injured in the crash.
Police say 27-year-old Joshua Baldes made a left turn in front of three motorcycles - violating their right of way. The three bikes struck the passenger side of his car. The woman died at the scene.
Jail records show Baldes was being held Saturday at the Volusia County Jail on several charges, including vehicular homicide, leaving the scene of a crash with death and probation violation. It was not immediately known if he has an attorney.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating