|Published:||Oct 16, 2010 8:31 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 16, 2010 1:57 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- A mother pleads to the public to help bring her little boy home. 10-year old Everett Little was supposed to be returned to his mother on Sunday, but she says his father never showed up. Now, almost a week later, a statewide search is in place to bring the little boy home.
"I have no idea where he is or if he'll be returned to me," Shannon Little said Friday.
Little describes the past week as a nightmare. She was supposed to pick up her young son from her ex-husband as part of their shared custody almost a week ago.
"Sunday we were supposed to meet at 6 o'clock and his father never came. And I kept calling, but no answer," Little said.
Six days later, she's still waiting. Little contacted Lee County Sheriff's Office on Sunday, following the no-show...only to find getting help, was her next hurdle.
"The impression that some people gave me was, well he's not technically missing, he's with his father. And that's why it seemed it took so long to get the ball rolling," Little said.
But Friday, help is on the way to bring her little boy home. Law enforcement agencies across the state are on the lookout for Everett...and a felony arrest warrant for interfering with the custody of a child is now out on Neil Little, Everett's father. As the search gets underway, Shannon clings to her hope that her son is indeed safe.
"I would like to believe that Everett believes that he's just on vacation. The idea that he's suffering, like I am, it kills me," Little said.
Little's had no contact with her son since he left her side last Friday. After a week of separation, she now asks the public for any help in bringing her little boy home.
"I just want people to pray for him to come home safely," Little said.
If you have any information regarding Everett Little's whereabouts, you're asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Fla. man charged in boy death eyed in 2nd killing
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico