|Published:||Oct 15, 2010 3:36 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 15, 2010 12:36 PM EDT|
SATELLITE BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Authorities are searching the waters off Florida's Space Coast for a 49-year-old dentist who hasn't been seen since leaving on a fishing trip.
Michael Alexander's empty kayak was found Thursday about 20 miles northeast of Satellite Beach. It was brought to shore by crime scene investigators for processing.
Investigators also found his blue pickup truck at a Satellite Beach park.
State and federal rescuers have been searching for Alexander by sea and land.
Authorities say the Cape Canaveral man left a note for his girlfriend on Wednesday morning saying he was going fishing. He has not been seen since.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story