|Published:||Oct 15, 2010 3:24 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 15, 2010 12:24 PM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A North Florida man has been convicted of killing another man over a drug debt.
A Duval County jury found 21-year-old Jacorey D. Gelsey guilty Thursday of first-degree murder in the death of 34-year-old James E. Carroll. The man was found dead behind the wheel of a parked car in January 2009.
Officials say Gelsey tried to escape earlier this week during a break in the trial, but deputies stopped him several feet from the courtroom's door.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Ukrainian student in SWFL shares perspective on unrest
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- FSU students spend spring break 'serving the underserved'
- Former head of Harborside sues City of Ft. Myers