|Published:||Oct 15, 2010 3:24 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 15, 2010 12:24 PM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A North Florida man has been convicted of killing another man over a drug debt.
A Duval County jury found 21-year-old Jacorey D. Gelsey guilty Thursday of first-degree murder in the death of 34-year-old James E. Carroll. The man was found dead behind the wheel of a parked car in January 2009.
Officials say Gelsey tried to escape earlier this week during a break in the trial, but deputies stopped him several feet from the courtroom's door.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape
- US unemployment falls to 7 pct. on 203K jobs added
- Fla. city ends program allowing backyard chickens
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- 1 killed, 1 injured in Orlando hit-and-run
- Baby born on side of expressway in Miami
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Scott touring Miami port dredging operation