|Published:||Oct 15, 2010 10:38 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 15, 2010 6:13 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Southwest Florida contractors looking for employment could soon find work repairing area homes tainted by defective Chinese drywall.
Thursday, Knauf Plasterboard - one of the companies involved in supplying the defective drywall - agreed to repair 300 homes in several states, including Florida. Moss Construction Management, based in Ft. Lauderdale, has been tapped for local remediation efforts.
A spokesperson for Moss Construction says the company is looking to hire local subcontractors for work on homes in Cape Coral and other areas. It was not immediately known how many workers Moss would hire.
Those interested in working on the projects are encouraged to contact Moss Construction by calling 1-888-91-MOSS-USA, or sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Moss says it will soon have more information available through its website at http://www.mosscm.com/page/drywall-remediation-program.
The spokesperson also said Moss often hires contractors registered with the website www.Jobsite123.com.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school