|Published:||Oct 15, 2010 8:05 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 15, 2010 5:05 PM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - A Florida legislator says in an e-mail that gubernatorial candidate Rick Scott has vowed to support a bill outlawing almost any abortion.
If true, it's a change in Scott's previous stance the procedure should be available for victims of rape and incest.
The Ledger of Lakeland reports Friday that Rep. Charles Van Zant endorsed Scott in an e-mail to supporters this week. The e-mail says Scott repeatedly told Van Zant he would support the Keystone Heights Republican's bill banning abortion unless the pregnancy threatens the life of the woman.
Scott's campaign would not respond to The Ledger except to say his position on abortion has not changed.
Neither Scott nor Van Zant immediately returned messages left Thursday by The Associated Press.
- FMPD arrests 10 on drug charges, looking for 9 more
- Request to exhume remains from panhandle school rejected
- SWFL residents join in March Against Monsanto
- Fort Myers Dog Show takes over Lee Civic Center
- Immokalee man bites another mans ear off
- FWC hits water during 'Busiest Boating Weekend'
- 90 acre brush fire in Charlotte County