|Published:||Oct 15, 2010 8:05 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 15, 2010 5:05 PM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - A Florida legislator says in an e-mail that gubernatorial candidate Rick Scott has vowed to support a bill outlawing almost any abortion.
If true, it's a change in Scott's previous stance the procedure should be available for victims of rape and incest.
The Ledger of Lakeland reports Friday that Rep. Charles Van Zant endorsed Scott in an e-mail to supporters this week. The e-mail says Scott repeatedly told Van Zant he would support the Keystone Heights Republican's bill banning abortion unless the pregnancy threatens the life of the woman.
Scott's campaign would not respond to The Ledger except to say his position on abortion has not changed.
Neither Scott nor Van Zant immediately returned messages left Thursday by The Associated Press.
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Child killed after being backed over by truck
- Arrest made in Port Charlotte party shooting
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Skydiver, pilot treated after midair accident
- Coast Guard: 10 migrants repatriated back to Cuba