|Published:||Oct 15, 2010 8:05 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 15, 2010 5:05 PM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - A Florida legislator says in an e-mail that gubernatorial candidate Rick Scott has vowed to support a bill outlawing almost any abortion.
If true, it's a change in Scott's previous stance the procedure should be available for victims of rape and incest.
The Ledger of Lakeland reports Friday that Rep. Charles Van Zant endorsed Scott in an e-mail to supporters this week. The e-mail says Scott repeatedly told Van Zant he would support the Keystone Heights Republican's bill banning abortion unless the pregnancy threatens the life of the woman.
Scott's campaign would not respond to The Ledger except to say his position on abortion has not changed.
Neither Scott nor Van Zant immediately returned messages left Thursday by The Associated Press.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer