|Published:||Oct 14, 2010 5:42 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 14, 2010 11:43 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Each month, there are over 1,000 reports of abuse and neglect of a child in Southwest Florida. There are already over 1,400 children in the foster care system. Do we need more? The Children's Network of Southwest Florida says no and is doing something about it.
Join them and over 200 walkers at their 5th Annual Walk to Prevent Child Abuse on October 16th at Pelican Preserve. The walk happens Saturday, October 16 at 8:30 a.m. Registration begins at 7:30 a.m. and the event is free.
For more information call (239) 226-1524.
- Fire Dept: Barricaded man couldn't have survived fire
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Southbound I-75 reopens after rollover crash near Colonial
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- SWFL soldier surprises kids live on WINK News
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest