|Published:||Oct 14, 2010 5:42 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 14, 2010 11:43 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Each month, there are over 1,000 reports of abuse and neglect of a child in Southwest Florida. There are already over 1,400 children in the foster care system. Do we need more? The Children's Network of Southwest Florida says no and is doing something about it.
Join them and over 200 walkers at their 5th Annual Walk to Prevent Child Abuse on October 16th at Pelican Preserve. The walk happens Saturday, October 16 at 8:30 a.m. Registration begins at 7:30 a.m. and the event is free.
For more information call (239) 226-1524.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling