|Published:||Oct 14, 2010 6:53 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 14, 2010 3:53 PM EDT|
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Officials at a South Florida safari say a woman, wearing an open robe, drove her car through the park and then sped away.
A Lion Country Safari official said the woman made comments Wednesday that terrorists were coming to kill the animals. Park employees called authorities and secured the park, but she drove off. The woman was not identified.
No one was injured.
The park's marketing director, Jennifer Bethume, says they always say it's "wild" at the park, but no one anticipated such an incident.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone