|Published:||Oct 14, 2010 3:26 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 14, 2010 12:26 PM EDT|
SEATTLE (AP) - A man arrested for investigation of shoplifting in Seattle is wanted in Florida in the disappearance of a Jacksonville woman.
KOMO News reports 26-year-old Joseph Roberts was arrested Tuesday night, trying to take food from a store.
Officers found he was wanted on a car theft charge from St. John's County, Fla. Police say detectives are headed to Seattle to question him.
Forty-five-year-old Brittany Tavar was last seen July 6 in Florida after she and Roberts left a party. Her dogs were found abandoned July 10 in South Carolina. Roberts was pulled over in Wyoming July 11 for speeding in Tavar's car. She was not listed as missing at that time.
Roberts was spotted 12 hours later in Ontario, Ore., buying a tent.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral