|Published:||Oct 14, 2010 3:26 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 14, 2010 12:26 PM EDT|
SEATTLE (AP) - A man arrested for investigation of shoplifting in Seattle is wanted in Florida in the disappearance of a Jacksonville woman.
KOMO News reports 26-year-old Joseph Roberts was arrested Tuesday night, trying to take food from a store.
Officers found he was wanted on a car theft charge from St. John's County, Fla. Police say detectives are headed to Seattle to question him.
Forty-five-year-old Brittany Tavar was last seen July 6 in Florida after she and Roberts left a party. Her dogs were found abandoned July 10 in South Carolina. Roberts was pulled over in Wyoming July 11 for speeding in Tavar's car. She was not listed as missing at that time.
Roberts was spotted 12 hours later in Ontario, Ore., buying a tent.
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Communications satellite launched into space