|Published:||Oct 14, 2010 5:45 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 14, 2010 2:45 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. - The Charlotte County Sheriff's Warrant Squad arrested a woman Wednesday on Child Abuse and Child Neglect charges, following an investigation that began May 3. Jessica Dawn Nicol, 24, was arrested.
A deputy was flagged down by Nicol and her boyfriend, Jonathan Snyder, near Chadwick Park who said her mother had her two year old daughter and would not return her. The deputy met with her mother who said she was reluctant returning her granddaughter to her mother due to suspected abuse. The deputy reported, "Nearly every body part had a bruise of some extent. It appeared that the bruises were in different stages of developing. There was a cut under her armpit and behind both ears; the child's upper and lower lips were cut." The abuse was reportedly was occurring at Nicol and Snyder's residence then in the 1800 block of Shadow Lane, Englewood.
Major Crimes Unit detectives responded and also called the Department of Children and Families to the home to investigate. It was determined that the child should be left with the grandmother until all agencies investigations were completed. The case against Nicol was forwarded to the State Attorney's Office and an arrest warrant was issued. Nicol was transported to the Charlotte County Jail and posted a $10,000 bond. Snyder has failed to come in for interviews and the case remains open at this time.
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Winter weather delays flights in and out of RSW
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman