|Published:||Oct 14, 2010 9:03 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 14, 2010 4:29 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - On Thursday, October 14, 2010 at 1:05 p.m. the Fort Myers Police Department responded to 2825 Palm Beach Boulevard in reference to a body floating face down in the water next door to the Altamar condominiums.
The male was pulled from the water and transported to Lee Memorial Hospital where he was officially pronounced dead.
The male has not been positively identified.
He appears to be Hispanic between the ages of 18-30. Detectives are currently working with the Medical Examiner's Office to determine his identity and cause of death.
Anyone with information is asked to call FMPD at 321-7700, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD. Tipsters can remain anonymous.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating