|Published:||Oct 14, 2010 3:42 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 14, 2010 12:42 PM EDT|
BROOKSVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A Hernando County Jail inmate died after jail staffers found him unresponsive in the medical section of the facility.
Officials say 58-year-old Danny Lee Tucker died Wednesday. Tucker was the second inmate to die in custody since the Sheriff's Office took over operations at the jail from Corrections Corporation of America in late August.
According to the sheriff's office, Tucker was booked into jail Sept. 21 on a violation of a domestic violence injunction and then placed in the medical section because of "extreme obesity" - he weighed 410 pounds - and other physical ailments associated with his condition.
After his death, he was taken to the Medical Examiner's Office in Leesburg for an autopsy.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape
- Officials: Encouraging sign for 24 stranded whales