|Published:||Oct 14, 2010 3:42 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 14, 2010 12:42 PM EDT|
BROOKSVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A Hernando County Jail inmate died after jail staffers found him unresponsive in the medical section of the facility.
Officials say 58-year-old Danny Lee Tucker died Wednesday. Tucker was the second inmate to die in custody since the Sheriff's Office took over operations at the jail from Corrections Corporation of America in late August.
According to the sheriff's office, Tucker was booked into jail Sept. 21 on a violation of a domestic violence injunction and then placed in the medical section because of "extreme obesity" - he weighed 410 pounds - and other physical ailments associated with his condition.
After his death, he was taken to the Medical Examiner's Office in Leesburg for an autopsy.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash