|Published:||Oct 13, 2010 9:32 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 13, 2010 6:32 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - A Riverdale High School student fights to stay in school.
19 year old Jessica Coffey and her lawyer met with school officials Wednesday afternoon to determine whether or not the teen can go back to Riverdale.
Coffey was expelled last month because the principal said the tattoo on her arm was gang related. Coffey says this isn't true.
School district leaders didn't make a decision by the end of the nearly 90 minute hearing. They will mail their decision by tomorrow.
Coffey says she wants to go back to Riverdale.
"If I could start tomorrow I would go. I missing everything. homecoming is Saturday. I'm going to miss that," she said.
In the meantime, Jessica continues going to the Alternative Learning Center in Fort Myers.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Sentencing delayed for Tampa abortion drug case
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- APNewsBreak: Fla. congressman lost $18M in scheme