|Published:||Oct 13, 2010 1:00 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 12, 2010 10:01 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. - Nearly a year since Private First Class Justin Johnson returned home for the holidays, his mother tells WINK News the family has moved on with their lives following the Fort Hood massacre.
Johnson's mother, Roxanne, was on the phone with her that fateful day. The Charlotte High graduate was among the 32 people who were wounded in the shootings.
Now, on the heels of the 1 year anniversary, Johnson's mother says her son has made a full recovery and is still serving his country proudly.
He was deployed to Afghanistan in May.
PFC. Johnson will also be among the 32 injured victims that are expected to testify in military court.
He's scheduled to appear via satellite.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating