|Published:||Oct 13, 2010 1:00 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 12, 2010 10:01 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. - Nearly a year since Private First Class Justin Johnson returned home for the holidays, his mother tells WINK News the family has moved on with their lives following the Fort Hood massacre.
Johnson's mother, Roxanne, was on the phone with her that fateful day. The Charlotte High graduate was among the 32 people who were wounded in the shootings.
Now, on the heels of the 1 year anniversary, Johnson's mother says her son has made a full recovery and is still serving his country proudly.
He was deployed to Afghanistan in May.
PFC. Johnson will also be among the 32 injured victims that are expected to testify in military court.
He's scheduled to appear via satellite.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling