|Published:||Oct 13, 2010 5:41 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 13, 2010 2:00 PM EDT|
SOUTH FORT MYERS, Fla.-- More than 30 local employers participated in a job fair at Edison State College Wednesday.
The job fair was open to students and alumni of the college looking for full-time or part-time employment.
Companies represented included Lee Memorial Health System, Sun Trust Bank, CVS Pharmacy, Verizon Wireless and the Florida Department of Corrections.
More than 1,000 students, both past and present, were expected to attend.
In past years, as many as 1,500 students showed up at the job fair with resumes for potential employers to review.
Some students were even granted interviews on-the-spot.
The unemployment rate in Lee County in August was 13.7 percent.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids