|Published:||Oct 13, 2010 3:16 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 13, 2010 12:17 PM EDT|
If you want to make this at home, here's the recipe!
Pasta With Peas for four
¼ cup EVOO
1 medium onion
¼ tsp salt
28 oz can of “kitchen ready” tomatoes
1 lb. frozen peas
1 lb elbows
Salt and Pepper to taste
Grated Romano Cheese
Fill ¾ large pot with water. Salt water as you would when making any pasta.
Heat on high until boiling.
Chop onion, add salt and sauté in EVOO in 3 quart pot covered on medium to med. low heat
until onion turns translucent. (about 15 min)
Add can of tomato sauce and cook uncovered for 20 minutes to boiling.
Add frozen peas to tomatoes in same saucepan, and cook uncovered for 8-10 minutes.
Add elbows to large pot of boiling water
When elbows are cooked (10 minutes) Strain , but reserve some water in small bowl
Return elbows to large pot
Combine peas with elbows. Add some reserved water little at a time to desired consistency.
Top with cheese and pepper if desired
Serves four people
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- Beach renourishment winding down in Naples
- Embry-Riddle invited to Sunshine State Conference
- Florida A&M could have probation lifted