|Published:||Oct 13, 2010 3:50 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 13, 2010 12:50 PM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A Jacksonville woman has been charged with aggravated child abuse after authorities say they found her baby daughter stuffed in a gym bag in the back of a car.
The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office says Leendra Glene Dasher reported her daughter missing on Oct. 5. She said she had been alone in her apartment with the baby and placed her in a crib the night before.
Investigators quickly located the child in the vehicle.
Dasher is being held on $150,000 bond and will be arraigned on Oct. 27.
The child has been placed in the care of relatives and is in good condition.
A message left Wednesday by The Associated Press for Dasher's attorney was not immediately returned.
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Chiquita Lock changes operating hours for the holidays
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis
- North Fla. deputies fatally shoot man