|Published:||Oct 13, 2010 5:48 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 13, 2010 2:48 PM EDT|
LAND O' LAKES, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a woman died and a boy was injured after being hit by a car while they walked in their Gulf coast-area neighborhood.
Florida Highway Patrol said the two people were crossing a street when a driver hit them early Wednesday morning.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene and the boy was flown to a hospital. His condition wasn't immediately available.
Authorities are investigating.
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Garrod Drywall burglary suspect blacks out cameras
- Couple killed while crossing US 1 in central Fla.
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week