|Published:||Oct 13, 2010 10:36 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 13, 2010 7:37 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - A Fort Myers couple is recovering from smoke inhalation after their home went up in flames overnight.
Firefighters say the house at the corner of Hibiscus and Aqua, just off McGregor, had flames shooting out of the roof when the arrived. The husband and wife inside were trapped in a second story bedroom. Firefighters rescued the man first as he needed more assistance. Then brought his wife outside.
The couple saved both their dogs lives before being rescued. Deputy Chief Chad Morgenson says the man inside, "took the dogs from the second story and threw them in the pool. Truthfully, it was a good idea."
Investigators believe the fire likely started in the garage and spread from there. They are looking for the cause.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling