|Published:||Oct 13, 2010 11:15 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 13, 2010 8:11 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - A dramatic rescue in Lee County as a family is trapped in their burning home. It happened off McGregor Boulevard.
The family threw their dogs out a window into the pool to save them.
Neighbors rushed to the scene to try and help knowing a man and his wife were inside. They were trapped on the second story with no way out. As they waited for a rescue ladder, they decided their dogs couldn't wait so they threw them into the pool to save their lives. Moments later the whole family was outside safely.
Investigators are looking into what sparked the blaze that caused $300,000 dollars in damage.
A shell of a car is inside a charred garage and the front of the house is unrecognizable.
Firefighters are taking samples from the debris to see what started the fire. The final report won't be back for weeks.
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Cape Coral man arrested for child neglect
- Deadly motorcycle crash in Lehigh Acres
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week
- U.S. 41 Northbound Blocked near Andrea Lane
- Homeless chilren create Pictures of Hope