|Published:||Oct 13, 2010 9:38 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 13, 2010 6:38 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. - Charlotte County Sheriff's Major Crimes Unit detectives arrested a Port Charlotte man on two counts of Lewd or Lascivious Molestation on an 8 year old boy. Gregory Angelo Pacheco, 46, along with his attorney, turned himself in to detectives this afternoon at the Charlotte County Jail.
CCSO detectives received a report from a Department of Children and Families investigator about a possible sexual battery involving a juvenile that occurred between Aug. 6 and 7, and periodically over the past two years at Pacheco's home. The boy was interviewed by a Child Protection Team in another Florida county that revealed the boy who was visiting had been touched inappropriately, possibly on numerous occasions. Other witnesses also met with detectives concerning the case.
CCSO MCU Detective Ian Alvarez said, "During my investigation, I discovered potentially more victims that may have been molested by Gregory Pacheco, including the visiting boy's friends. Additional charges may follow in this case." Det. Alvarez is asking the public to come forward if they may have information about this case. Please call Det. Alvarez at 941-639-2101, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors