|Published:||Oct 13, 2010 9:38 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 13, 2010 6:38 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. - Charlotte County Sheriff's Major Crimes Unit detectives arrested a Port Charlotte man on two counts of Lewd or Lascivious Molestation on an 8 year old boy. Gregory Angelo Pacheco, 46, along with his attorney, turned himself in to detectives this afternoon at the Charlotte County Jail.
CCSO detectives received a report from a Department of Children and Families investigator about a possible sexual battery involving a juvenile that occurred between Aug. 6 and 7, and periodically over the past two years at Pacheco's home. The boy was interviewed by a Child Protection Team in another Florida county that revealed the boy who was visiting had been touched inappropriately, possibly on numerous occasions. Other witnesses also met with detectives concerning the case.
CCSO MCU Detective Ian Alvarez said, "During my investigation, I discovered potentially more victims that may have been molested by Gregory Pacheco, including the visiting boy's friends. Additional charges may follow in this case." Det. Alvarez is asking the public to come forward if they may have information about this case. Please call Det. Alvarez at 941-639-2101, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend