|Published:||Oct 13, 2010 9:53 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 13, 2010 6:53 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - Brand new 911 tapes were just released to WINK News from the day a Collier County deputy shot a family's dog in the face.
The deputy says the pitbull attacked him.
It happened last week on Hunter Boulevard in Golden Gate Estates. The dog's owner says Angel, a four-year-old pitbull, wouldn't have attacked the deputy... but the 911 calls made by passers-by suggest the dog was aggressive.
"911 - what's your emergency?"
"A pitbull that doesn't want to let us on the property... we're outside and it wouldn't let us move."
"I'm just worried about someone walking past and it attacking them."
The family surrendered the dog to domestic animal services - who had to put it down.
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound