|Published:||Oct 12, 2010 9:43 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 12, 2010 6:44 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - One of six suspects in a double murder in Bonita Springs will not go to trial.
Robert Patrick Downey reached a plea deal with prosecutors. He pleaded guilty to accessory to murder. He admitted to helping clean up the murder scene.
He faces 15 years in prison, but he's agreed to testify against the other suspects which could bring him a lighter sentence.
The men are accused of beating two men, suffocating them, and torching the car to get rid of the bodies.
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Arrest made in Port Charlotte party shooting
- Child killed after being backed over by truck
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Skydiver, pilot treated after midair accident
- Coast Guard: 10 migrants repatriated back to Cuba