|Published:||Oct 12, 2010 9:43 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 12, 2010 6:44 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - One of six suspects in a double murder in Bonita Springs will not go to trial.
Robert Patrick Downey reached a plea deal with prosecutors. He pleaded guilty to accessory to murder. He admitted to helping clean up the murder scene.
He faces 15 years in prison, but he's agreed to testify against the other suspects which could bring him a lighter sentence.
The men are accused of beating two men, suffocating them, and torching the car to get rid of the bodies.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified